Yet again....

Add your festimonials here. Certain ones may make it to the main festimonial page.
jimpanici

Yet again....

Post by jimpanici »

Brad and Mike, you did it again! Great performances all weekend, lots of unreal artists on stage and that's what it is all about! Thanks again for a terrific times and look forward to 2012. Oh...please bring back Dana Fuchs!
ibrewalot
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Re: Yet again....

Post by ibrewalot »

Seconded! This was my first Boogie and I was not let down in my expectations (except for what that little wench, Mother Nature, did at the end!). Great bands, many new to me and many now in my iTunes collection after hearing them.

I have to echo the comment about bringing Dana back as well...I'd listened to her stuff on iTunes and wasn't that bowled over, but hearing her live was ENTIRELY different. She was amazing. I bought the DVD so I can relive the experience. :D

I'll be back next year, that's for sure!
sparks

Post by sparks »

We loved the boogie as always - I think it was #10 for us. Although I liked some of Dana's music I found her to be rude to her band members. I felt bad for them as she verbally abused them on stage, which was not necessary. She seemed to be having a very bad day and was angry at the world. I would say if she comes back she has to be respectful to her partners - at least on that day.
briansullivan
Site Admin

Post by briansullivan »

I have to somewhat agree with Sparks on Dana. I don't think she was angry, but, demanding, of all. I met her backstage and she was not in a bad mood at all. I have been backstage for a lot of bands and they are all different. What I didn't really care for was the swearing. Not appropriate at all. But, you got to admit, she put on a great show and the Boogie was again, awesome.
If you don't have time to Boogie...
then you must be having the Blues!

Get your Boogie photos printed at;
https://www.archival-photos.com/
jimpanici

Post by jimpanici »

I didn't get the feeling that she was rude or swearing to her band members but I was just so into the music that I didn't notice the band interaction. Great set anyway.
Bluelogan

Post by Bluelogan »

It's funny how we all see something different when we watch a band. With Dana Fuchs, I saw a wild woman who had the balls to ask that the drummer's shield be removed. I believe she said "I feel like I am wearing a condom". Wow! Good for her. I hated that shield.

I loved her Janis Joplin raspy sound too.

What I didn't like was all of the God and religious references and the fact that half of the time she was on her back on the stage (that last part may just be jealousness that she can do it and I can't). Either way.... I agree that the weekend was an A+ all around. Thanks everyone!