Beer tasting

Here's a great place to talk about your boogie experiences.
mkmck
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Re: Beer tasting

Post by mkmck »

What a bummer...having to plan around too many great acts, eh? ;) Noon sounds perfect. Looking forward to it, especially after missing last year's tasting. I've got a nice batch of West Coast IPA coming with me...21 oz of hops in this bad boy, chinook, columbus, amarillo, simcoe, cascade, centennial, and citra. It's a friggin' hop-gasm, and will have been in the bottle 2 weeks next Sat. I'm drinking some as I type this...yum. Looking forward to sharing with all you fellow craft beer freaks...and tasting your brews too!! :) See ya next weekend!![/quote]

:arrow: Sounds great I have a double IPA :D with 16 oz. of hops. Equinox, Columbus, Amarillo, Mosaic & Simcoe Dry hoped with Equinox it is kick butt !!!!! :lol:[/quote]

Well, I guess I know which brew I'll be sampling first...that sounds mighty tasty!! Mine is also dry-hopped, with 2 oz of Citra and 4 oz of Amarillo...that's after 4 rounds of hops in the boil. It checks in at around 6.5 and 95 or so IBUs. I'm getting thirsty...is 5:40 am too early to start drinking? 8-)

BTW...a little birdie at Deja Brew told me that there will be a maple porter at the tasting as well.
vanner80
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Post by vanner80 »

mkmck wrote:What a bummer...having to plan around too many great acts, eh? ;) Noon sounds perfect. Looking forward to it, especially after missing last year's tasting. I've got a nice batch of West Coast IPA coming with me...21 oz of hops in this bad boy, chinook, columbus, amarillo, simcoe, cascade, centennial, and citra. It's a friggin' hop-gasm, and will have been in the bottle 2 weeks next Sat. I'm drinking some as I type this...yum. Looking forward to sharing with all you fellow craft beer freaks...and tasting your brews too!! :) See ya next weekend!!
:arrow: Sounds great I have a double IPA :D with 16 oz. of hops. Equinox, Columbus, Amarillo, Mosaic & Simcoe Dry hoped with Equinox it is kick butt !!!!! :lol:[/quote]

Well, I guess I know which brew I'll be sampling first...that sounds mighty tasty!! Mine is also dry-hopped, with 2 oz of Citra and 4 oz of Amarillo...that's after 4 rounds of hops in the boil. It checks in at around 6.5 and 95 or so IBUs. I'm getting thirsty...is 5:40 am too early to start drinking? 8-)

BTW...a little birdie at Deja Brew told me that there will be a maple porter at the tasting as well.[/quote]
Hmmm I wonder who that could be... :lol:
briansullivan
Site Admin

Post by briansullivan »

Hey y'all,

Well, it's been a year with a few challenges since I last saw you all.
Twisted my knee big time last November. Kept aggravating it throughout Winter, and is finally up to snuff.
Dumped my scooter a month ago avoiding a fox in the road. Sprained my ankle a bit. Fortunately, it is doing well.
Last week, I got some weird bug,food poisoning, whatever. High fever, muscle aches, and loss of equilibrium (walking around like I was wasted)
First day back to work and I got to somehow get a lot done, both for the job, and the Boogie. Brisket and Pulled Pork are done though. YAY.

So, I may be moving on the slower side of a turtle this year. But, I'll get 'er done somehow. Always do.

I will probably be there around 12:30, depending on how much Ingram is blowing my socks off or not.

See you all soon! I'm going in on Thursday a.m. Site 33 I believe

Brian
If you don't have time to Boogie...
then you must be having the Blues!

Get your Boogie photos printed at;
https://www.archival-photos.com/
vanner80
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Post by vanner80 »

:D Nice Brian. Sounds good to me.
:roll: O M G you have had a tough year.
;) We have something a little special this year too :!: :!: :!:
8-) It has been tough to try to plan a good time this year.
We should be rolling in on Thursday afternoon.
Same spot #16
See you than.

Life is too short to drink crappy beer

Boogie on :!: :!: :!: :!:
briansullivan
Site Admin

Post by briansullivan »

This year's group photo. I'll get the video on YouTube soon.
Attachments
BoogieNBrews2016.jpg
BoogieNBrews2016.jpg (935.79 KiB) Viewed 30968 times

briansullivan
Site Admin

Post by briansullivan »

vanner80
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Post by vanner80 »

Thanks Brian for the photo and videos
Do you happen to know who was going around doing videos for a Boogie documentary ???
Maybe he could add these videos into it. I did not see him I just heard about it.
briansullivan
Site Admin

Post by briansullivan »

Yes, his name is Josh, I think. We talked about adding my videos, but, I never got contact info from him, so... we'll see.

mkmck
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Post by mkmck »

Nice pic and vid Brian...thanks for sharing!

hmmm...who is that crazy lady with the glass in my face? :)
vanner80
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Post by vanner80 »

mkmck wrote:Nice pic and vid Brian...thanks for sharing!

hmmm...who is that crazy lady with the glass in my face? :)
gee I wonder... Looks like her glass is empty though :lol: