Boogie 2014

Here's a great place to talk about your boogie experiences.
sparks

Boogie 2014

Post by sparks »

Thank you Brad and Mike for everything you do to make the White Mountain Boogie such an incredible experience! This was year 15 for us and we can't wait for next year!
mkmck
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Re: Boogie 2014

Post by mkmck »

sparks wrote:Thank you Brad and Mike for everything you do to make the White Mountain Boogie such an incredible experience! This was year 15 for us and we can't wait for next year!
We couldn't agree more! This was our second year going, and we will be back again next year for sure. We brought some good friends from Colorado who go to festivals all over the country and the high seas (Blues Cruise vets) to the Boogie this year, and they couldn't think of a better festival that they've ever been to. We were part of the "Great Ticket Snafu", and Mike, Brad, and his staff couldn't have been more professional (and quick!) in resolving the mix-up. You guys really have it together...the whole experience was as much fun as you could ask for! Thanks guys!

The lineup was outstanding! Last year we had a couple of new-to-us artists that blew us away, with Jeremiah Johnson and The Sliders leading the way. This year, it was Carolyn Wonderland, Brandon Santini, and Nick Moss that were serious eye-openers. We'll be watching our nearby club and festival schedules for these folks to stop in. Jeremiah and company were outstanding again, and Indigenous never disappoints. Mato's new lineup was great!

Thanks also to Kenny and Deb for putting the beer tasting together. That event sure has grown in size from last year, with a LOT of people stopping by to share some quality brew. Boogie, Blues, and Brews...what a concept :D

See you all next year!!
briansullivan
Site Admin

Post by briansullivan »

My apologies for not posting up on Monday, but I ended up sleeping for over 12 hours. Haven't done that for awhile. By the time I got the rest of the stuff unpacked, and dried out, it was late.

I agree that once again the line up was great. Nick Moss owes me a pair of socks as he blew them away. And once again, a record setting crowd of awesome people. Great meeting Jerry and his family for Montreal (The Brewmaster) an many, many others.

While my job is hard, both physically and mentally, it is so rewarding. Meeting all of you and the artists is such a great thing. I heard more than once backstage so many great things, but this one from one of the members of Indigenous, "You hear a lot of stuff about a festival, but this festival it is true, it is one of the best. The people are so into it." says it all. It is not only Brad and Mike and all the staff, nor the great artists performing, but, you, the audience that makes this such an awesome event.

Thank you.

Well, I need to start going through about 1900 photos, but, I'll share some below. I also have photos and videos of Jeremiah at the Critters that I will post up and link for you. As always, be patient with the photos. I need to go back to the real World today an get my business back in gear.

I'll be back in touch.
Attachments
Shakura S'Aida
Shakura S'Aida
shakura.jpg (71.35 KiB) Viewed 36639 times
Jeremiah Johnson
Jeremiah Johnson
jj.jpg (107.99 KiB) Viewed 36639 times
If you don't have time to Boogie...
then you must be having the Blues!

Get your Boogie photos printed at;
https://www.archival-photos.com/
vanner80
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Post by vanner80 »

mkmck wrote:
sparks wrote:Thank you Brad and Mike for everything you do to make the White Mountain Boogie such an incredible experience! This was year 15 for us and we can't wait for next year!
We couldn't agree more! This was our second year going, and we will be back again next year for sure. We brought some good friends from Colorado who go to festivals all over the country and the high seas (Blues Cruise vets) to the Boogie this year, and they couldn't think of a better festival that they've ever been to. We were part of the "Great Ticket Snafu", and Mike, Brad, and his staff couldn't have been more professional (and quick!) in resolving the mix-up. You guys really have it together...the whole experience was as much fun as you could ask for! Thanks guys!

The lineup was outstanding! Last year we had a couple of new-to-us artists that blew us away, with Jeremiah Johnson and The Sliders leading the way. This year, it was Carolyn Wonderland, Brandon Santini, and Nick Moss that were serious eye-openers. We'll be watching our nearby club and festival schedules for these folks to stop in. Jeremiah and company were outstanding again, and Indigenous never disappoints. Mato's new lineup was great!

Thanks also to Kenny and Deb for putting the beer tasting together. That event sure has grown in size from last year, with a LOT of people stopping by to share some quality brew. Boogie, Blues, and Brews...what a concept :D
Thank You and everyone for showing up and sharing some good brew. We were surprised at the amout of people that showed up and all the great brew we tasted. :)
See you all next year!!
briansullivan
Site Admin

Post by briansullivan »

WOW, just got done viewing the videos I took of Jeremiah at the Critters Saturday night. The video is rough as after a long day, i had to hold the camera and a flashlight (they blew the power) while once again standing besides a speaker, but what an awesome time with him. He ended up borrowing my buddy's guitar. He is so psyched, and yes, JJ signed it. JJ rocks.

Just realized that for the next month or so, I will be reliving the Boogie every day as I go through all the photos and videos taken. Not a bad thing.

Got the photos in from Wes and there are a lot of great shots.

I'll try to get the few videos I took up ASAP. Got a great one of Nemeth's intro song.

later...
Attachments
Jeremiah at the Critters
Jeremiah at the Critters
jjatthecritters.jpg (53.07 KiB) Viewed 36618 times

briansullivan
Site Admin

Post by briansullivan »

Check out the home page.

http://www.nhblues.com/

Thank you Steve Abdu for the drone footage.

Brian

briansullivan
Site Admin

Post by briansullivan »

John Nemeth video up.

John showed a lot of class on this intro. Normally, the band comes out first and then the front man. Not this time. John came out and did this number before introducing the band. My apologies for the late start on it and the shake as I did not have my video tripod set up. I mainly take stills at this event.

http://youtu.be/hxQVR3WQgQ0

Brian

briansullivan
Site Admin

Post by briansullivan »

After the day's show, Jeremiah went up to camping and joined the Critters for three songs. My apologies for the quality but, I thought this was worth capturing. The guitar he is using is my buddy Bobby's Washburn Acoustic. Jeremiah rocks.

http://youtu.be/RgHPZlU03h8

mkmck
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Post by mkmck »

Great vids Brian...thanks for sharing. That drone vid will be great when trying to show folks what the setup is like. We'll be recruiting other friends to come with us next year, and our friends from Colorado may well be among them. They LOVED the Boogie!