camping

We're always looking to make the Boogie better. Let us know your thoughts and ideas, and, we'll see.
henry gelinas

camping

Post by henry gelinas »

Phone tag for camping sites could there be another way :roll:
briansullivan
Site Admin

Re: camping

Post by briansullivan »

can you elaborate?
If you don't have time to Boogie...
then you must be having the Blues!

Get your Boogie photos printed at;
https://www.archival-photos.com/
Hollyhawk

Post by Hollyhawk »

I think he's talking about everyone who wants a private camp site having to start calling at 8am on June 1st. Took us 30 minutes last year to get through. For people who may be at work, not at liberty to be on the phone for 30 minutes or so, may loose out on their favorite spot; worse yet no private site.
boogieman
Site Admin

Post by boogieman »

Camping at the boogie is the real deal private or group. I have seen some real cool folks in both. I love going around late nite making sure every one is tucked in (ya right) Last year late nite we stumbled upon the campground critters a band playing in group camping. Would you guy's prefer a raffle at the boogie for next years private sites? We just want every one to have the same chance to a private site, We only have so many and the demand is great. We have lots of field camping and personally the field camping is awesome. Great views great grass sites. A bargain just outside the gates. Tell me what you think? Do we do a raffle?
Hollyhawk

Post by Hollyhawk »

Field camping is awesome at WMB&B. We have met some great folks and folks we see at NABF every year at Megunticook too. And I do love hearing those 'Campsite Critters' go on until 4amish? Breaks up the snoring and flatuence.

We find WMB&B to be a romantic experience, so we prefer a private camp site, but hey it's all good. Calling in at 8am on 6/1 is no biggie for me. :twisted:
Randy

Post by Randy »

so when I call how do I know what site I want? is there a Map? do you just give them out randomly? we were in the group camping last year and had a great time, so just wonder how it all works? Randy
boogieman
Site Admin

Post by boogieman »

What you need to do is walk the campground when your at the boogie and take notes of what sites you like or just ask for a private site June 1st 8am . There are no maps. Its pot luck . If you have a site # we try to accommodate the best we can. It's all good. Thank you for coming. Talk soon . Brad
swan3

Post by swan3 »

we lucked out the first year and got private camping 3days before the boogie and we found it fair they way they do it after seeing the grounds and the set up! it's kinda cool knowing not everyone can just take up all of an area and no new boogie goers can have a private spot. we have had great people all around us 3 years down and this year we can't wait either, in 2008 we had our neighbors from right up the road at the site we tried to get!! good times:D
jcford

Post by jcford »

first time heading to WMBnB.
Its me, wife and 15 month old. whats the best plan for camping? Do we need some sort of reservation or just show up?
Not looking for private site so much, just not sure of the process.
Thx.
Josh - RI
Hollyhawk

Post by Hollyhawk »

Hey Josh,

Just show up. Group camping is mostly on a golf driving range (closed for the Boogie) so it's nice and grassy, flat. It is rustic camping. If I were bringing a 15 mo. old I would want to have plenty of water. Boogie does have a water truck on site for refills. We bring one of those Igloo a5 gal. water jugs and utilize the spent ice out of ice chest for stuff that doesn't require sterile water. You need to bring plenty of heavy duty trash bags. There are trash cans around the boarders of the camping areas and a dumpster close to the entrance to the concert area.

Seems like most in group camping scope out a spot next to folks similar to themselves and it all works out.

Hope this helps ~ Holly