Do you like the new preferred seating?

We're always looking to make the Boogie better. Let us know your thoughts and ideas, and, we'll see.

Do you like the new preferred seating?

Yes
38%
No
17%
I hate it
46%
Not sure
No votes

Total votes: 24

carl

Re: Do you like the new preferred seating?

Post by carl »

I didnt like the seats at first,but i like tyo sit and enjoy the show mostly. i can set my chair behind the seating and get i good view of the stage now. i do agree that i dont like to see the empty seats when someone is up there kicking but!!!!
brie

Post by brie »

No, I wish it would go away.
marsland

Post by marsland »

This will be my wife and my third year of going to the White Mountain Boogie N' Blues Festival. We love it! The first year we went we got the reserved seating and thought it was great. We could sit and enjoy the show or get up and go to the side and dance. This way the people behind us that just wanted to sit and enjoy the show were not inconvenienced. We thought it was and still do feel it was the best of both worlds. We look forward every August to coming down from Ottawa Canada. Keep up the great work!
Cathi*n*Joe

Post by Cathi*n*Joe »

We're not crazy for the seating ... only because the two of us love to hang out up front on occasion, take close-up pictures, mix & mingle with the crowd, and dance! Mind you, it's not an all-day thing for any one of us (we're all getting old and there's only so much our tired aching feet can really take). But, we've been going to the Boogie for six+? years now and I loved it the old school style. We'd find our "spot" for our stuff, set up our chairs/food, and relax when needed. I really think if you're the type of person who just wants to sit, eat, fart out & watch--well then-- there's tons of room to do just that. We really don't know why you feel a need for a front row seat.

But for those who want to get up and mingle, dance & have nice up-front views, I feel half of our space was stolen--not only that, most were empty seats because the sitters couldn't take the heat! The question is, will they be empty again this year when the rain starts? So ... is it really necessary to take all that space away from the rest of us?

We just came back from this year's Safeway Waterfront Bluesfest in Portland Oregon in July. It's the largest of its kind venue west of the Mississippi. There are plastic-fenced-off areas where tables & chairs are set up so one can grab food from the vendors & eat. Diners can still see the stage and hear the bands, but they're located out of everyone else's way. Believe me when I say this also cut WAY down on garbage that might otherwise have been left behind. There were no stage-front seating arrangements (3 stages). It's "grab a cooler, blanket, lawn chair & go." You find your spot and sit & enjoy ... or you keep moving and trying out a vendor's goods. Decisions!
47flxible

Post by 47flxible »

cathi*n*joe got it right!!!!! Amen
BillGargan

Post by BillGargan »

I guess there will always be opinions about stuff like this -- both ways.

I attended for the first time this year.

Because of my age and health -- I would not have attended if I could not get a fixed location seat. I carry as little as possible -- so not having to carry a seat etc. was important to me.

As it is I am severely taxed when I have to go up the hill for food and other necessities. Mostly I just did not bother.

I really do not think that that little area (10 seats across and 10 rows) damages the fun for the rest. The fact that lots and lots of folks sit on the hillside and under the tent on top of the hill seems to me to be testimony to that. The joy was evident all around me in those seats -- and I never saw anyone snoozing, even during the breaks.

In fact, I will have to remember to bring ear-plugs for next year because of the proximity to the very-loud speakers.

So, I loved it and plan to attend next year. But, not if the seats go away.
cowboy

Post by cowboy »

47flxible wrote:Been to the boogie for a lot of years... preferred seating is the worst idea ever created..
Is that a reward for the rest of us?!? faithfully going to the boogie for about 8 years??? I've seen people sleeping in those chairs when the bands are smokin!!!! When the bands are really rocking ..Who's standing and yelling and cheering the bands?? NOT the people sleeping in the chairs ....they just sit there and nod their heads {in between nodding off} must be a real turn on for the bands to see that instead of the crowd on its feet right in down front!! Plus the rest of us get to stand on either side and hear just the right channel or the left channel ...also as the Saturday evening music/party builds and really gets cooking half of those seats are empty{past their bedtime??} the real boogie fans want to move in and boogie but guess what ..the chairs are in the way!!! ..oh did I mention... what a bad idea it is to have reserved seating..!!!Return it to the way it was ...C'mon...Its the WM Boogie..!best blues venue in the Northeast!!! its not $$Rockland$$ {thank God!!}
Do us a favor and get rid of it!!!Some improvements don't work...
get the poll rolling and get rid of em!!!!
I agee totally with this. :D
markinvt

Post by markinvt »

i dont mind it, and i dont sit there. but unless the ground is low at the stage
tapering up towards the hill, then only the people that stand in front of the
stage are going to see anything. the seating lets all those people see,(i'm
guessing that standing in that section is a no-no) and also allows people
standing to each side and sitting behind it see the stage. everyone wants to
see the stage, but not everyone wants to sit at the top of the hill to see it.
now if there was a low section in fronnt for people that like to stand, that would be
great, but until then, look behind you to see how many peoples view your
blocking. that was fest #5 for us, and we'll be back next year. cant wait!!
Irish Traveler

Post by Irish Traveler »

I like the idea of a slightly higher stage. That would allow everyone to see the bands from all directions while seated. I love being down front or off to the side, but still need to sit sometimes. I'm getting older you see. Anyways this year I was able to sit under the large tent front row and took some pictures of the bands from up there and they came out great. Thanks for the great effort you all put in. I loved my camp site too. :D
crock

Post by crock »

The Reseved seating is awesome.Especially for those who have a hard time standing or have other medical needs. We aren't getting any younger. I'm not sure why some of the others don't like it, unless they figure they can pay less and set up chairs and space saving chairs for friends and hoard the areas like they own them. Reseved seating allows folks the option to relax and dig the show without being bumped into others or have their view obscured. So keep up ther good work Brad and Mike.
John