Do you like the new preferred seating?

We're always looking to make the Boogie better. Let us know your thoughts and ideas, and, we'll see.

Yes
38%
No
17%
I hate it
46%
Not sure
No votes

Total votes: 24

boogieadmin
Site Admin

Post by boogieadmin »

We would like some feedback on the preffered seating area.
47flxible

Re: Do you like the new preferred seating?

Post by 47flxible »

Been to the boogie for a lot of years... preferred seating is the worst idea ever created..
Is that a reward for the rest of us?!? faithfully going to the boogie for about 8 years??? I've seen people sleeping in those chairs when the bands are smokin!!!! When the bands are really rocking ..Who's standing and yelling and cheering the bands?? NOT the people sleeping in the chairs ....they just sit there and nod their heads {in between nodding off} must be a real turn on for the bands to see that instead of the crowd on its feet right in down front!! Plus the rest of us get to stand on either side and hear just the right channel or the left channel ...also as the Saturday evening music/party builds and really gets cooking half of those seats are empty{past their bedtime??} the real boogie fans want to move in and boogie but guess what ..the chairs are in the way!!! ..oh did I mention... what a bad idea it is to have reserved seating..!!!Return it to the way it was ...C'mon...Its the WM Boogie..!best blues venue in the Northeast!!! its not $$Rockland$$ {thank God!!}
Do us a favor and get rid of it!!!Some improvements don't work...
get the poll rolling and get rid of em!!!!
Last edited by 47flxible on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Not at all. I agree with 47flxible completely. The real fans have to sit and watch the lame fans sit quietly in their chairs. If the reason for doing this was to generate more revenue to keep the festival going then I am sure each fan wouldn't mind a small ticket increase to get rid of these seats.
Hollyhawk

Post by Hollyhawk »

ditto on the two above posts.

The reseved seating cheapens the whole experience :(
mikeboz603

Post by mikeboz603 »

To be totally honest I did not like them at first but as the weekend went on and I was told what the money was going towards and I got to meet the people who purchased the seats it was just another part of the Boogie. All about a great experience and fantastic music.
henry gelinas

Post by henry gelinas »

What is the money for :?: Next year will be 8 years for myself AN i SAY NO TO PREFERRED SEATING.I say charge more if need be. I think I speak for a lot of people , foot stomping blues in your face not off to the left or right Hey whos knock :?: :?: ing Rockland. It may be a little stuffy . But darn they got the bars the strand the water main st shut down bands everywhere an the cops are laid back. It just dont feel like family.I'll be a site 19 stop buy say hello.Peace out :
Bbopdlux

Post by Bbopdlux »

God I love this festival BUT like most here, I too hate the preferred seating arrangement.
boogieman
Site Admin

Post by boogieman »

Mike and I appreciate all the feedback we have received both good and bad about the reserved seating. If you go to festimonials you will see more in favor of the seating . It is not meant to be a punishment you folks know us better than that. The truth is for years we allowed umbrellas canopies etc but then it started to become dangerous after dark as the crowd grew bigger so one year we had to say no more. At first folks were upset but then you understood. The seats are sorta the same thing. For years we let the concert be old school and let people stand right up front then people started jumping on the stage not just once but it was getting worse. After the show we would get emails from folks who had paid the money got to the show early to get a good spot up front so they could sit and watch the bands. Now as the day went on folks would stand in front of them and crowd them out of the way not fair to every one. We saw this seating method used at other fests as a way of preventing stage jumpers and a way of keeping the front of the stage clear so every one who bought tickets could see. We only put in minimal amount of chairs as to allow dancing either side up close to the stage. We appreciate all who come see us every August and have become our boogie family. We are still working on a better idea which may mean eventually tearing down the stage and rebuilding it a few feet higher so those that want to stand wont be in front of those that want to sit. The boogie crowd is a great crowd and we thank you all for making this happen every 3rd week in August
nhcaveman

Post by nhcaveman »

I think I voted that I don't like it just because I felt it does take away from that right in front general admission feeling. Years ago the Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland, ME was my favorite venue for concert going, because all shows were general admission and being right there at the stage was great, but times do change and it's not like that there any more either. And honestly, I'm quite a bit older now, and when it comes to the Boogie I tend to spend most of my time on top of the hill chilling. But I relate to those who want to be right in front having their good time, so my vote was really to support those people. I remember the umbrellas, canopies, and screen houses, etc., and when it was first announced to do away with that I didn't like it. But the tent is awesome, and although you no longer have your own little marked territory like before, I don't think I'd want to see it go back to that either. "Up the hill" is great now, much more organized with plenty of room to walk around check thing out with out tripping all over everybody's stuff, and tie down lines etc. Maybe the people "down the hill" could find some way to compromise and be able to co-exist peacefully. I know we see the same groups of people every year where we are, I'm assuming it's the same down there, this being said although growing every year, we are really just one big "Boogie Family", aren't we? What about taking turns, alternating, one year seating in the middle, dancing to the sides, the next year dancing in the middle, seating off to the two sides. Like you said, At first folks will be upset but then they'll come to understand. Also I would never question where the money goes, (as in another post), The Benton family are good hearted people supporting good causes.
boogieman
Site Admin

Post by boogieman »

Don't forget every one we still keep the Friday nite show old school (no reserve seating) I to remember Cumberland county when it was general admission. I was there for a Blue Oyster Cult Concert when only 1/2 the floor was full maybe a thousand people maybe. Where you there for that one?