Box Seats or Boogie Club Area

We're always looking to make the Boogie better. Let us know your thoughts and ideas, and, we'll see.
sparks

Box Seats or Boogie Club Area

Post by sparks »

Suggestion - Sell "Box Seats" or a "Boogie Club Area" at the front of the tent in the spaces made by the spikes and roping holding up the tent. There are approximately 10 "boxes" available. Basically I would like to see a marked off area (either chalk or tape) measuring about 6 feet wide and 10 feet deep which would bring it back about 4 feet into the tent. This area would allow for rain and shade as well as sunny viewing for a group of people - up to 8 I think. The area would be dictated by the roping and after every two sections there is a smaller opening that should be saved for a path to the back. I would readily pay above and beyond the ticket price to know that we had a reserved space and could leave the area without concern of losing our valued seats. The money could be donated to a good cause or just help defer costs of the Boogie itself. I also think some type of marked path in front of the tent would be a good idea.
Irish Traveler

Re: Box Seats or Boogie Club Area

Post by Irish Traveler »

I don't like that idea. Usually I can be down front and off to the side, but this year's rains chased me into the tent. If seating was blocked off and had to be reserved, many of us would have been in the rain. The seats down front are somewhat bothersome. Friday nite is best without them. I think ticket prices were raised this year for day trippers and that the extra helped reduce that front stage seating. Getting rid of it altogether is my suggestion. I had a great time and this was my third year camping out at the Boogie and Blues. Look forward to next year.
:D
boogieman
Site Admin

Post by boogieman »

I appreciate every ones suggestions and we did not raise ticket prices they haven't changes in 14 years. We are thinking real hard about reserve seating lots like it lots don't . Stay tuned
nhcaveman

Post by nhcaveman »

No, I don't care for that idea either, keep the reserve seating fight down the hill, lets not start the same thing up top. The top of the hill works fine just as it is.
tartad

Post by tartad »

seating in the front and center stage helps everyone see better. PLEASE
keep this. tent on the hill, reserved seating, not so good.