Any home brewers out there?

We're always looking to make the Boogie better. Let us know your thoughts and ideas, and, we'll see.
vanner80
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Any home brewers out there?

Post by vanner80 »

Anybody interested in doing a beer tasting Saturday night.
Lets hook up. :D I like to brew beer. I enjoy tasting all kinds of beers it does not have to be a home brew. There are a lot of great local breweries in the area. Maybe hook up and try some good brew. I will bring some of my brew.
mkmck
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Re: Any home brewers out there?

Post by mkmck »

I don't actually brew at home, but at Deja Brew in Shrewsbury, MA. Given that you can't bring glass of any kind, including beer bottles, into the festival, I'm not sure how this would work. But...I'm always up for a beer tasting if you have a way of making it happen!

Speaking of beer at the festival...anybody know of a good ale or microbrew that comes in cans? I know that cans aren't something normally associated with quality brew, but I want something to drink at the Boogie, and Bud ain't gonna cut it. I know Sam Adams has started using a new type of can, which I haven't tried yet. That may be what I end up bringing if nothing else pans out. Thanks for any tips!
vanner80
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Post by vanner80 »

mkmck, the way it would work is that we would do a tasting at a campsite. Glass is not allowed in the festival area. You can have it in your campsite. I have already hooked up with one other homebrewer who will be at the Boogie. we had a conversation about home brewing while we were in line for camping for the Boogie. :D This idea came to me after we had talked.

As far as cans in microbrews there are quite a few that are canning these days.
More and more are popping up all the time.
Wachusett is one that is one that is good. You being from RI is Gray Sail which is a really good beer.

If you are getting beer when you get to the Boogie the place to go is Wayne's market in North Woodstock. It is right next to the Woodstock Inn & Brewery. :ugeek:

Look forward to doing this. I have a great campsite close to the festival area.

Boogie, Blues & Beer :twisted:
mkmck
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Post by mkmck »

Thanks for the info Vanner...you can count me in. We'll have to exchange info as we get closer to the boogie. We're not camping...we have a room nearby...but we'll certainly pay you a visit!! Looking forward to blues and brews!
vanner80
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Post by vanner80 »

:( Sorry to hear that you are not camping at the Boogie.
The best way to do the Boogie is camp at the Boogie.

Looking forward to doing this. As we get closer we will hook up.
We have done this at events that we have been to before and tried some different beers and heard about breweries. Nothing like good music & good beer.
mkmck
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Post by mkmck »

If we owned a camper, we'd be camping. Sleeping on an air mattress in a tent is not a viable option for us, so a hotel 10 minutes away is our best solution. I'm sure we'll still have a great time. Do non-campers have access to the campground? This is our first Boogie, so we're not up on all the do's and don'ts. I know we can't bring bottles into the venue, but will we be able to get them from our car to your campsite?

Looking forward to hooking up and downing some quality cold ones! :D
vanner80
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Post by vanner80 »

First Boogie, you will have a great time.
Garentee you will be back next year.

Glass is not allowed in festival area.

As a visitor you will be allowed in the camping area.

Enjoy your first Boogie. It won't be your last. :D :lol:
ibrewalot
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Post by ibrewalot »

Just saw this... :D . I'm definitely in!!! I only keg my homebrew now (been brewing since '95) but will have a 2.5gal keg with me of an IPA I just put together a couple of weeks ago. I'll be camping in the field, hopefully close to the event. I was initially hoping to actually brew "at" the event, but since it's somewhat water-challenged, it would be tough to cool down the wort. Let me know when you're planning to do the tasting and I'll bring over a growler, ok?

See you there! Cheers!
vanner80
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Post by vanner80 »

Sounds good to me. :D I also have a batch of IPA that I brewed back in April in bottles. I have private site up close to the event. We will have to do this.
briansullivan
Site Admin

Post by briansullivan »

Sounds great to me. I am usually busy photographing the show, but, will definitely try to get over to sample and photograph it. Try to find me before hand so I know where you are and what time this will be happening. I'm at my usual camping spot (I hope, if Brad remembered to save it for me). It's called the Oaks, now number 22 I believe.

BTW, Chase Street Market in downtown Plymouth has an EXCELLENT collection of beer, and quite a few in cans.
Also, check out 603 brewery, http://603brewery.com/ which is right off the exit in Campton.
If you don't have time to Boogie...
then you must be having the Blues!

Get your Boogie photos printed at;
https://www.archival-photos.com/