RECYCLING?

We're always looking to make the Boogie better. Let us know your thoughts and ideas, and, we'll see.
Hollyhawk

RECYCLING?

Post by Hollyhawk »

Would it be possible to get a dumpster for cans and bottles only? It could be in a different place from the regular dumpster, labled as recycle only, to avoid confusion. Could all the proceeds go to Blues in Schools thus eliminating reserved seating? :idea:
nhcaveman

Re: RECYCLING?

Post by nhcaveman »

I don't know about eliminating the reserved seating as a condition, but I too think recycling would be a very good idea. And in fact think it should be suggested, recommended, forced upon, beat into, (well you get the idea) Boogie goers. In fact there should be a recycle barrel next to ever trash barrel with a sign asking people to sort and recycle, same at the dumpsters.

Regarding Hollyhawks original question,

Although you could separate aluminum cans by themselves and sell them at the scrapyard, not a whole lot of profit would be left if any after the cost of trucking them to the scrapyard. And as you suggested bottles should be recycled as well. Generally bottles and cans for recycling are mixed together and called "co-mingle", but cities, towns, businesses, etc. with recycle programs still must pay the trash company, or other company who removes these, to remove them. The only type of recycling that does pay is paper recycling in large amounts, such as newspaper, office paper, cardboard etc., however there is not really any paper waste created by festival goers which is recyclable, as it is mostly food related, and or otherwise soiled. This being said, although recycling is a wonderful thing, for you, me, the White Mountains, the environment, the future, etc., (and should be practiced), it will still cost the Benton's to have it removed, and will not replace the donations created by the reserved seating.

By the way, I just wanted to put a better understanding on this issue, this is not to show support for reserved seating. Although I don't use them, (and voted against them), I do believe in the cause that money goes to.
Hollyhawk

Post by Hollyhawk »

Thank you Caveman for slpannin the logistics of recycling at the Boogie. There just has to be a way to do this. We burn our paper trash in the fire pit, every little bit helps. I would gladly donate my labor to this cause if the Bentons could come up with a plan that works for them.

I too agree the profits from reserved seating going to Blues in Schools is a very worthy contribution. I will get used to it. (I'll just pretend it was always that way). ;) Yeah that's the ticket.
boogieman
Site Admin

Post by boogieman »

MIke and i also agree with the recycling and have thought about putting out barrells for cans & bottles (recyclables) for the past cple years
Maybe the local land filll would donate a cple dumpsters for this cause? I'll look into this . Brad
Hollyhawk

Post by Hollyhawk »

:lol: Brad is that avatar your new 'all in one' recycling suit? :mrgreen: