New Camping Rules

First time to the Boogie? Ask your questions here.
briansullivan
Site Admin

New Camping Rules

Post by briansullivan »

For those that did not receive the recent email on camping;

New Procedure for Camping Reservations, Please Read

Greetings Fellow Boogies,

It seems only yesterday there was still snow on the ground. Now it is almost June 1st.

We are sending out this email to ask folks hoping to get a private camp site, PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP IN PERSON on JUNE 1st.

When the festival started it was much smaller and we could handle all the reservations over the phone. It was fun to show up at The Shack on June 1st and see a few of our Boogie friends standing in line or sleeping in their cars trying to be first to get a camp site at 8:am June 1st. Each year more and more folks showed up, till last year we had folks camped in chairs for days waiting for June 1st 8:am. We sat around and froze together, sang koombiya and shared stories.

WE DO NOT SELL CAMPING TO THOSE THAT SHOW UP ANY SOONER THAN TO THOSE THAT CALL. June 1st, 8 a.m.
Everyone gets the same chance.

This year we are offering right of first refusal to all of you who had a private site last year. It will require a 3 day minimum reservation and festival tickets for all staying on site. These sites must be purchased no later than May 28, 2015. You can call (603 726 3867) to make reservations. All unclaimed sites will go into the camping pool to be sold by phone June 1st.

New this year, we will be selling field camping passes (3 day minimum). You must have weekend festival tickets to buy a field camping pass. Tickets can be purchased when making reservations, but no reservation will be made without a festival ticket for each guest staying on your site.

New this year, any one wanting to retain their site for next year's festival will need to reserve the site before leaving this year's festival.

OK so here goes.
  • If you had a site last year, we will be calling you to offer you right of first refusal. If you don't hear from us, call (603) 726 3867 no later than May 28th to reserve your site.(3 night minimum and all festival tickets for guests staying on site must be purchased), email me your contact info site # and manner of payment. Payment must be made no later than May 28th 2015
    NEW this year we will be selling field passes as well as private sites. We hope this will help the line at the gate move along more quickly.
    Do not show up in person. All though we would love to say Hi and shake your hand, just not on June 1st please.
    Call often. Wishing you the best of luck.
    BUY tickets, lots of them! Treat a friend to the Boogie. They make a great gift.
Thank you all for your support and we will see you soon,

Brad, Mike and the Boogie Team
If you don't have time to Boogie...
then you must be having the Blues!

Get your Boogie photos printed at;
https://www.archival-photos.com/
kesta

Re: New Camping Rules

Post by kesta »

Hi, I have been trying since the morning of June 1st to get through to reserve a site...busy busy busy...and when I got through I left a message. I've emailed several times as well. We are new and are SO looking forward to spending 3 days there. Would you please advise us on how to get in touch with someone? It is very appreciated!!! Kesta :D
briansullivan
Site Admin

Post by briansullivan »

Hello Kesta,

Getting a reserved campsite is traditionally very hard to do. Others can tell you.
There is plenty of open field camping however.

Hope to see you at the Boogie,

Brian

kesta

Post by kesta »

Thanks, Brian. But how can one get through to a live person? I don't want to purchase tickets for the 3 days for two people only to find we have no camping spot. Thanks for your help!
Kesta
briansullivan
Site Admin

Post by briansullivan »

Brad and Mike are extremely busy people as they have several businesses going on, plus, the Boogie.
Field camping has never sold out. Though if one is planning to arrive late Friday/Saturday, it may get tight. But, it has never sold out. The place is huge.

Phone can be difficult if you wish to talk to someone.

Try the contact form at http://www.nhblues.com/contact-festival.php .

You will also need to use this form http://www.nhblues.com/assets/docs/fiel ... g-form.pdf

But again, I wouldn't worry about open field camping. You and thousands of other great Boogie people have been doing it for years.

kesta

Post by kesta »

We're too old for the open field camping. Wanted a nice place to retreat to. Oh well! Enjoy.
briansullivan
Site Admin

Post by briansullivan »

I can appreciate that, wish I had a camper. But, the reserved camp sites are limited and highly sought after, making it very difficult to get. In fact, last year, people were camped outside several days before June 1 hoping that it would help. Why they changed the rules this year.

There is some good lodging near by. Some may even have the artists staying over night.

take care,

Brian

mkmck
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Post by mkmck »

kesta wrote:We're too old for the open field camping. Wanted a nice place to retreat to. Oh well! Enjoy.

We're in the same boat as you...tents and sleeping bags don't work for us any more. We just grab a room nearby and commute to the fest. You'll still have a great time :)