Field Camping

First time to the Boogie? Ask your questions here.
2Kings

Field Camping

Post by 2Kings »

Hi there
We are travelling to the USA from the UK and hope to join you at the Boogie N Blues Festival :D .
We are trying to decide whether or not to bring our tent etc with us and camp in the "field" and have some questions for you!
Are there shower and toilet facilities for Field Camping?
Will there be food outlets for all meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner?
How far away is the nearest grocery store and will we be able to drive into and out of the festival?
Looking forward to hearing from you
2Kings
briansullivan
Site Admin

Re: Field Camping

Post by briansullivan »

Hello 2Kings,

Not 100% sure on the showers. I know they were trying to get them in, but, have not seen an update from them yet. Most people hit the Pemi River which is on the campground for a refreshing swim. (PLEASE EVERYONE, make sure your soap/shampoo etc is friendly to the river. PLEASE!!! I live and work down stream and I have heard a few Trout complain each year.)

There are porta-potties everywhere and are cleaned often.
There are Food Vendors, plus the Sugar Shack restaurant across the street. Great New England Breakfasts and Maple Syrup. This is a really friendly crowd and most people share most everything.

Grocery store is about 4-5 miles down the street (Campton Cupboard). You will probably pass it on the way in.
You can drive in and out of the event. Though the line back in can get a little long at times. They have Ice at the event. I usually try not to leave, but... it happens.

Make sure you check out Boogie N Brews Saturday. See Boogie Talk for more info.

BTW, I am the main photographer (there are 2 other official staff photographers this year, Wes and JS), so I hope to see you in the field. Or, find me smashing my nose with the camera in front of the stage.

Cheerio!

Brian
If you don't have time to Boogie...
then you must be having the Blues!

Get your Boogie photos printed at;
https://www.archival-photos.com/