New to "The Field"

First time to the Boogie? Ask your questions here.
ibrewalot
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

New to "The Field"

Post by ibrewalot »

Ok, me and many others didn't make the cut this morning to get past the busy signal and get a private campsite (I can only imagine the number of calls you folks had to take!) and will all be neighbors in "The Field" this year. Last year was my first year and I lucked into a private site, so I'm trying now to figure out how the field works.

do I just show up, camper in tow, to the ticket tent on Friday morning, pay for my weekend pass, parking pass and field camping fee and then get directed to the field to setup? Is there someone there directing where people end up? Last year I remember it looked pretty orderly, so there HAD to be someone placing campers, right? Where do additional cars park if you have people staying in your camper and they are coming up later on Friday?

Another quick adder: Is the Advanced ticket price for the weekend different from the price when you pull in on Friday? I was assuming to pay for everything when I pay for the campsite now that I'm not paying for the site in advance, but am happy to do the advanced buy for the ticket.

Sorry for all the questions...it's my way of pacing myself for the next 2 1/2 months! :D

Thanx and see you there!
ibrewalot
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Re: New to "The Field"

Post by ibrewalot »

<crickets>

Anyone know how the field works as far as purchasing tickets in advance or day-of?
PhotoJim

Post by PhotoJim »

You check in... Weekend Tickets required to purchase field camping! Most of the campers are BOOGIE regulars returning year after year. The field tends to be very friendly ask help if you are unsure about where you are setting up!
mainer61

Post by mainer61 »

What is the best time to show up on Friday to obtain field camping? This is our first boogie and we already have weekend tics. I also understand there is no presale for field camping sites is that true? and last but not least do these sites typically sell out as well?
briansullivan
Site Admin

Post by briansullivan »

Yes, there is currently no pre-sale of week-end camping.
There is a strong possibility that they may sell out. When? Not sure, but, if one is coming late Friday or Saturday, you may want to make other arrangements. There are other camp grounds near by as well as motels, etc. (See the lodging page)
http://www.nhblues.com/festival-lodging.php

I don't know if there is an official open time or not. Good question. Brad has been real busy, especially finishing up the new stage!!!

I would try to get there in the afternoon. Since I am working, I get there real early, but, I'm staff.

Can anyone else chime in? If I talk to Brad, I'll try to remember to ask him.
If you don't have time to Boogie...
then you must be having the Blues!

Get your Boogie photos printed at;
https://www.archival-photos.com/
mainer61

Post by mainer61 »

Thanks Brian,

We're coming from Portland, unless i find out that the gates open earlier i quess i will plan on getting there around noon on Friday then just to be safe.
ibrewalot
Boogie Freak
Boogie Freak

Post by ibrewalot »

I know last year I remember hearing from someone that stayed in the field there was a line of 3-4 campers there at 7am or so! Die hards, to be sure! :D

I am coming from the Nashua area and plan to leave the house by 7-8am. If I find myself in a line until noon, that's ok...for me, the Boogie starts as soon as I hookup and pull out of the house! ;)
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

I am a little concerned that they may sell out. Last year it seemed like there was plenty of open space in the field. Has something changed this year? Have they ever sold out in the past?
briansullivan
Site Admin

Post by briansullivan »

Hello Joppa,

The past couple of years has seen an increase of field camping. I would not be surprised that at some point it sells out.
We have been discussing this and are trying to get some of the Chambers there to assist. We have also discussed calling the campgrounds nearby near the date to get an idea of availability.

Mind you, I don't want to create a panic. I am sure most, if not all, will get a spot.
We are just being proactive in case it does happen. But, if you are coming up Saturday for camping, or very late Friday, be prepared.

We'll see. We are also discussing changes for next year. The Boogie is a great event and is growing and evolving. You know Brad and Mike and all the rest work hard to make it one of the best festivals in the land. In fact, it is the best Blues Festival in the land. And that is thanks to you, the fans.

See you soon.

Brian
If you don't have time to Boogie...
then you must be having the Blues!

Get your Boogie photos printed at;
https://www.archival-photos.com/